Quantcast

Disconnecting Due To First message not login

Disconnecting Due To First message not login

Dermot
QuickFIX Documentation: http://www.quickfixengine.org/quickfix/doc/html/

Hi Guys,

I've got a strange one here I'm hoping you might be able to help with. I've been doing some testing with my broker, fail scenarios, specifically a "dirty disconnect" [disabling the LAN connection] and then letting QuickFix handle the reconnect. It reconnects correctly, exchanges heartbeats and then disconnects due to test request timeout. The broker tells me it's a problem on my side because "first message is not LOGIN". He also says I'm connecting twice (which I can't see is possible).

I've put together the attached file which shows what's happening. Blue rows are my outgoing FIX messages, orange rows are the broker's incoming FIX messages, white are quickfix events and the yellow rows are from the broker's log which he has sent me and I've spliced in there. Could you please take a look? Start from the bottom - this is where I disconnected,

[Disconnecting Connection ID - 0 Due To First message not login] seems like a strange log entry given the session has already exchanged sequence requests and heartbeats. One thing that may be related.. the broker sends a TEST REQUEST at 14:58:30.341 which my side doesn't seem to reply to. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!
Dermot

totalfixlogs.xlsx (17K) Download Attachment