IO exception

John Yue

Hi Guys,

I got a IO exception when the server is running so it shut down miserably.

The exception can be found in a file in the store directory.  \store\FIX4.2-xxxx.body.

20130820-04:30:28 : IO Error: Unable to flush file .\store\FIX4.2-xxxx.body
20130820-04:30:28 : IO Error: Unable to write to file .\store\FIX4.2-xxxx.body
20130820-04:30:28 : IO Error: Unable to write to file .\store\FIX4.2-xxxx.body

Could you help me understand what's going on here?

Also, what does body, header and session file in this directory do?

Best,

John

This e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee or you have received this message in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately. Use of this email is strictly prohibited when received in error. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions. Parametrica entities, and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees do not represent that the information or material contained herein is accurate, complete and up to date and accept no liability if it is not.

Re: IO exception

Balwinder S Dheeman-4

On 08/21/2013 11:06 AM, John Yue wrote:

> QuickFIX Documentation: http://www.quickfixengine.org/quickfix/doc/html/index.html
> QuickFIX Support: http://www.quickfixengine.org/services.html
> I got a IO exception when the server is running so it shut down miserably.
>
> The exception can be found in a file in the store directory.
> \store\FIX4.2-xxxx.body.
>
> 20130820-04:30:28 : IO Error: Unable to flush file
> .\store\FIX4.2-xxxx.body
> 20130820-04:30:28 : IO Error: Unable to write to file
> .\store\FIX4.2-xxxx.body
> 20130820-04:30:28 : IO Error: Unable to write to file
> .\store\FIX4.2-xxxx.body
>
> Could you help me understand what's going on here?
>
> Also, what does body, header and session file in this directory do?

The last 2 error messages suggest, you need to check
permissions/privileges for directory .\store\
and verify the same with the server running user effective uid.

BTW, you forget to tell us about your environment and many other
relevant things.

--
Balwinder S 'bdheeman' Dheeman
(http://werc.homelinux.net/contact/)

"GNU/Linux, developed by volunteers, is much better, but it's not
the best as yet. Do you too work on making a difference?"