Java question

Christopher Kang
QuickFIX FAQ: http://www.quickfixengine.org/wikifix/index.php?QuickFixFAQ

Thank you everyone for contributing to the open source community.  It
proves that open source tools can work.

I am thinking about using quickfix and want to be able to start
writing small applications, but I've seem to run into an error.

I'm coding in Java and so I tried following the java example code on
the quickfix website, but I can't seem to compile.

In the MyClass.java example on the website, a Settings object is created:

"Settings settings = new Settings(new FileInputStream(fileName));"

However, the compile can't find this object.  I am assuming that the
Settings object is something that should be able to be found in the
quickfix.jar file (like MessageStoreFactory), but when I look in the
quickfix.jar file, I am unable to find it.
My classpath is correct since my compile doesn't complain about any of
the other objects.

Am I missing something here?

I obtained the quickfix.jar file from the quickfix-bin-vc7-1.9.4.zip
file on the website (windows installer).

Thank you again for being such an active community and for addressing
this concern.

-Chris Kang

RE: Java question

Steve Bate-5
QuickFIX FAQ: http://www.quickfixengine.org/wikifix/index.php?QuickFixFAQ

Hi Chris,

Did you mean to use SessionSettings rather than Settings?

Steve

Re: Java question

Bugzilla from Joerg.Thoennes@macd.com

Christopher Kang wrote:
> I'm coding in Java and so I tried following the java example code on
> the quickfix website, but I can't seem to compile.
>
> In the MyClass.java example on the website, a Settings object is created:
>
> "Settings settings = new Settings(new FileInputStream(fileName));"

Chris, the example in the QuickFIX docs is wrong -- as Steve pointed out: SessionSettings
is the right class here.

I fixed the example in the CVS repository.

Oren, will you update the web page after the next release 1.10.0?

Cheers, Jörg

--
Joerg Thoennes
                                http://macd.com