License question

Kermen Deol

Hello,

I am building a node.js addon that is a wrapper for the QuickFIX C++ implementation. I will not distribute the source or binaries with the addon but users will have to have the QuickFIX library installed to use it. Forgive me, but I am not familiar with the legalese of the license. I was considering calling the addon "node-quickfix" but am not sure if it qualifies as a derviative work (I believe it does) and thus would need written permission to use "quickfix" in the name. If I do need permission to use the quickfix name, how would I obtain it?

Thank you