Quantcast

Problem with sending orders

Mihkelt

I'm relatively new to FIX protocol and just made my first interface/app. I have a problem with sending orders, more specifically the broker that I'm connecting to requires that to identify a symbol tags 48 and 22 be used as well. When I try to send and order my app sends a toadmin message right after the order message which has in it 58=Value is incorrect (out of range) for this tag , referring to tag 22, but tag 22 is a constant value of 111 which is required by the broker. What may be the problem?

Thanks for your help,
Mihkel

Re: Problem with sending orders

Tximo

Maybe the value “111” is not in the list of possible values defined in the dictionary. Something like:

<field number=“22” name=“IDSource” type=“STRING”>
<value enum=“111” descrption=“WHATEVER”>
</field>

Hope that helps.

Joaquín Gracia
Eurosigma S.A.

El 12/7/2016, a las 11:23, Mihkel Tali <[hidden email]> escribió:

I'm relatively new to FIX protocol and just made my first interface/app. I have a problem with sending orders, more specifically the broker that I'm connecting to requires that to identify a symbol tags 48 and 22 be used as well. When I try to send and order my app sends a toadmin message right after the order message which has in it 58=Value is incorrect (out of range) for this tag , referring to tag 22, but tag 22 is a constant value of 111 which is required by the broker. What may be the problem?

Thanks for your help,
Mihkel

Re: Problem with sending orders

Tximo

Sorry to hear that. I’m afraid I can’t help.

Joaquín Gracia
Eurosigma S.A.

Hi,