Quantcast

Quickfix C++ support for tag 789 NextExpectedMsgSeqnum?

Quickfix C++ support for tag 789 NextExpectedMsgSeqnum?

SZ Li

Hello,
As far as I know Quickfix C++ version does not support tag 789 NextExepectedMsgSeqnum. There is a patch for Quickfix/J (http://www.quickfixj.org/jira/browse/QFJ-567). I am wondering if there is any patch for the C++ version. The purpose is to support Reuters Matching API, which requires to use tag 789 to trigger message replays. Quickfix hides session level operations to the users, so it seems that we have to patch Quickfix.
Any idea or suggestions are also welcome!

Thanks,
Simon

Re: Quickfix C++ support for tag 789 NextExpectedMsgSeqnum?

grefx

Reuters Matching API provides a sample client program with a tag 789 Quickfix patch.  At least they did a couple years ago, so it might be for an older version of Quickfix (1.13.3).
If you have trouble finding the Reuters client samples, send me an email and I might be able to dig up the link to the Reuters Customer zone.