Quickfix C++

Greenfeld, Imanuel (Treasury)
QuickFIX Documentation: http://www.quickfixengine.org/quickfix/doc/html/

Hello,

How can I change the decoding in QuickFIX 4.4 C++ from the default ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 ?

Can anyone please help ?

Thanks,

Imanuel.

Imanuel Greenfeld
Developer | ADM CB - Trading FO Pricing User Applications

Lloyds Bank
Wholesale Banking & Markets

33 Old Broad Street | London | EC2N 1HZ | United Kingdom
Tel: +44 20 7158 8068 | Mobile: 07903 161 533 | Fax:
Email:  [hidden email]
Website: www.lloydsbankwholesale.com

Lloyds Bank is proud to be an Official Partner of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games

Lloyds Banking Group plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC95000. Telephone: 0131 225 4555. Lloyds Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 2065. Telephone 0207626 1500. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000. Telephone: 08457 21 31 41. Cheltenham & Gloucester plc. Registered Office: Barnett Way, Gloucester GL4 3RL. Registered in England and Wales 2299428. Telephone: 0845 603 1637

Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.

Cheltenham & Gloucester plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Cheltenham & Gloucester Savings is a division of Lloyds Bank plc.

HBOS plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC218813.

This e-mail (including any attachments) is private and confidential and may contain privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete it (including any attachments) immediately. You must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it or any attachments. Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.

Re: Quickfix C++

Oren Miller
QuickFIX Documentation: http://www.quickfixengine.org/quickfix/doc/html/

Can you please clarify? FIX is an ASCII protocol, the messages
themselves do not support encodings, though some fields do.  What
exactly are you trying to do?

Re: Quickfix C++

Greenfeld, Imanuel (Treasury)
QuickFIX Documentation: http://www.quickfixengine.org/quickfix/doc/html/

Hi,

I have a message is that comes in, in bytes - it's encoded using UTF-8 by a third party and then on my side FIX 4.4 decodes the message and later I traverse through it and get the relevant values from specific fields.

As I did not use specific decoding, I'm assuming FIX uses the default ISO-8859-1, but then French characters appear incorrect because they were encoded using UTF-8 but decoded using ISO-8859-1 (so they end up not looking like the original at all).

I wish to know if there is a way to tell FIX 4.4 to decodes the message using UTF-8 and hopefully, I'll get the same result as when they were entered.

Any ideas please ?

Thanks,

Imanuel.

Imanuel Greenfeld
Developer | ADM CB - Trading FO Pricing User Applications
Lloyds Bank
Wholesale Banking & Markets
33 Old Broad Street | London | EC2N 1HZ | United Kingdom
Tel: +44 20 7158 8068 | Mobile: 07903 161 533 | Fax:

-- This email has reached the Bank via an external source --