Quantcast

QuickfixJ acceptor sending stored messages to manually created session

QuickfixJ acceptor sending stored messages to manually created session

Mihai
I want to be able from my acceptor to store messages sent to a manually created sessionID, and when the initiator connects to send all these messages.

Currently I'm able to store the messages, but when the initiator connects, it overwrites the .event file instead of resending everything from there. It looks to me as if the sessionID I've created and the sessionID created when the initiator connects are somehow different.

The only solution I can think of is to get hold of the message store and when the initiator connects intercept the onLogon and manually resend everything I have stored up to that point.

I'm creating the sessionID using the constructor with BeginString, SenderCompID and TargetCompID parameters.

Re: QuickfixJ acceptor sending stored messages to manually created session

Grant Birchmeier

This is the C++ QF list.

In general, though, the way you're thinking sounds pretty wrong.  Do not screw with the QF message store.  You should make your own storage structure and operate it at the application layer.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 4:15 AM, Mihai <[hidden email]> wrote:

I want to be able from my acceptor to store messages sent to a manually
created sessionID, and when the initiator connects to send all these
messages.

Currently I'm able to store the messages, but when the initiator connects,
it overwrites the .event file instead of resending everything from there. It
looks to me as if the sessionID I've created and the sessionID created when
the initiator connects are somehow different.

The only solution I can think of is to get hold of the message store and
when the initiator connects intercept the onLogon and manually resend
everything I have stored up to that point.

I'm creating the sessionID using the constructor with BeginString,
SenderCompID and TargetCompID parameters.

Grant Birchmeier
Connamara Systems, LLC
Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.