embedding quickfix in my event loop

Neeraj Rai

I have used quickfix for quite some time as a user and roughly familiar with socketAcceptor etc.
I need to embed quickfix in my eventloop.
I would like to take the sockets and add it to my select/epoll.
When the data is received, I would like to call functions that trigger onApp / crack/onMessage etc.
I would add my own timer and send heartbeat when it triggers (which func to call)
I would add my own timer to detect missed heartbeat and disconnect FIX sessions
What's the best way to detect resendReq in this scenario.

What's the best way to go about this ?
Any pointers would be appreciated.

thanks
Neeraj