error running tradeclient

dxu

error running tradeclient

dxu

Dear developers,

The example tradeclient seems important to proprietary trading
applications. I have installed it in a Linux environment and compile it
successfully. When I run it, it gets the following error
"Configuration failed: FIX40.xml: Configuration failed: Field BeginString
not defined in fields section"

I try to locate where the error is generated. It turned out that it is
generated at function in DataDictionary.cpp:

int DataDictionary::lookupXMLFieldNumber
( DOMDocument* pDoc, const std::string& name ) const
{ QF_STACK_PUSH(DataDictionary::lookupXMLFieldNumber)

NameToField::const_iterator i = m_names.find(name);
if( i == m_names.end() )
throw ConfigError("Field " + name + " not defined in fields section");
return i->second;

QF_STACK_POP
}

m_names seems not been initialized so when this function is executed,
there is an error.
Does anyone have ideas to fix this problem?

Best Regards,
Da Xu

Re: error running tradeclient

Mike Gatny

Which version of quickfix are you using? Did you download the source from the website, or did you pull from svn?

--
Mike Gatny
Connamara Systems, LLC