quickfix-1.13.3/src/C++ Upgrade/Maintenance, etc

quickfix-1.13.3/src/C++ Upgrade/Maintenance, etc

Daniel Mounessa
I have started using quickfix-1.13.3/src/C++ library. My questions are as follows:

1. Do we know home many site are in Production with this version?
2. What is the process of bug fixes?
    Who would fix any bugs that are found
    and how long does it take to get a new release?
3. How do we go about adding new features to quickfix-1.13.3/src/C++?
4. Are there companies who release quickfix-/C++ officially and maintain it?

Thanks for your response.

Re: quickfix-1.13.3/src/C++ Upgrade/Maintenance, etc

Daniel Mounessa
I have started using quickfix-1.13.3/src/C++ library. My questions are as follows:

1. Do we know how many sites are in Production with this version?
2. What is the process of bug fixes?
    Who would fix any bugs that are found
    and how long does it take to get a new release?
3. How do we go about adding new features to quickfix-1.13.3/src/C++?
4. Are there companies who release quickfix-/C++ officially and maintain it?

Thanks for your response.

Re: quickfix-1.13.3/src/C++ Upgrade/Maintenance, etc

Mike Gatny

On Jun 11, 2013 8:26 AM, "Daniel Mounessa" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 1. Do we know home many site are in Production with this version?

Hard to say, but Quickfix/c++ has been downloaded over a quarter of a million times.

> 2. What is the process of bug fixes?

Submit a report/patch to the developer mailing list.

>     Who would fix any bugs that are found
>     and how long does it take to get a new release?
> 3. How do we go about adding new features to quickfix-1.13.3/src/C++?

Anyone can submit a patch.  One of the devs will review/merge it.  This is an open source project, so timing depends on when a dev can get to it -- to expedite your bug fix or feature request, you can pay for support.

> 4. Are there companies who release quickfix-/C++ officially and maintain it?

Connamara Systems helps maintain the project and offers paid support.  There are others as well.

--
Mike Gatny
Connamara Systems, LLC

Best way to logout and disconnect a client

Gunnar Harms

Hello,

We have an acceptor type application and sometimes we wish to logout and disconnect a client of our app. What is the best way to do this? Now we have the code that is below and it seems to work. But our code does not call methods on the Session's m_state member as does Session itself when sending logout messages (I would like to do the same but m_state and also methods like genrateLogout() from Session class are private). Could our implementation lead to issues eg. when client reconnects later etc.?

Logout and disconnect a client:

if (MFIXSession != NULL) {
if (MFIXSession->receivedLogon()) {
FIX42::Logout message;

message.set(text);
FIX::Session::sendToTarget(message, MFIXSessionID);
}
MFIXSession->disconnect();
return true;
}