specify order of fields in a FIX message using QuickFIX

specify order of fields in a FIX message using QuickFIX

vantheo
I know it sounds crazy, but my broker just dont accept the message i send and the reason is some fields(outside repeating groups) should be in front of some other fields.

I have solved a similar problem, specifying the order of fields in a repeating group by inheriting a class from group and passing a int array to specify the order

But it seems that for messages, I cant do that

Any suggests?

Re: specify order of fields in a FIX message using QuickFIX

Viktor Pogrebnyak
Hi, vantheo.

Fields outside repeating groups are sorted by tag IDs in the ascending order. The situation like you describe might happen if you, for example, add field not to the body of the message, but to the trailer or header.

Best regards,
Viktor