to place market order(buy/sell) with StopLoss and TakeProfit criteria

to place market order(buy/sell) with StopLoss and TakeProfit criteria

Dilipsinh Bheda
QuickFIX Documentation: http://www.quickfixengine.org/quickfix/doc/html/

Hello all,

I am new to Trading and FIX, assigned work to implement FIX protocol to place order from MT4 client to server.

MT4 client provides facility to

1, place Buy/Sell order (with Limits)

2, modify that order

3, close that order

Now, my question is how can I create market order in FIX with such Limits at once. (not found any such help with examples)..

Regards

Dilipsinh

Re: to place market order(buy/sell) with StopLoss and TakeProfit criteria

Grant Birchmeier
QuickFIX Documentation: http://www.quickfixengine.org/quickfix/doc/html/

I think the first thing you should do is write a simple QF application that will logon to a server.

Please see the example apps.

Once you have an app that can logon and exchange heartbeats, you'll understand your project much better.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 4:50 AM, Dilipsinh Bheda <[hidden email]> wrote:
QuickFIX Documentation: http://www.quickfixengine.org/quickfix/doc/html/

Hello all,

I am new to Trading and FIX, assigned work to implement FIX protocol to place order from MT4 client to server.

MT4 client provides facility to

1, place Buy/Sell order (with Limits)

2, modify that order

3, close that order

Now, my question is how can I create market order in FIX with such Limits at once. (not found any such help with examples)..

Regards

Dilipsinh

Grant Birchmeier
Connamara Systems, LLC
Made-To-Measure Trading Solutions.

Re: to place market order(buy/sell) with StopLoss and TakeProfit criteria

Christopher Thomas
QuickFIX Documentation: http://www.quickfixengine.org/quickfix/doc/html/

MT4 doesn't use the FIX protocol, so unless you want to write a bridge of some kind, this won't work.

On 12/06/15 16:56, Grant Birchmeier wrote:
[...]

Yes, I am trying to implement FIX bridge with quickfix, but as I said before, am new to FIX, don’t know how to place market order with limits as in MT4 client…..

Regards

Dilip

Re: to place market order(buy/sell) with StopLoss and TakeProfit criteria

Grant Birchmeier
QuickFIX Documentation: http://www.quickfixengine.org/quickfix/doc/html/

Yes, you already said that.  (Also, I doubt many people on this list know what MT4 is, so stop telling us about it.  It's not relevant.)

My advice is still the same.  Put your project aside and write a small standalone QF app so you can better understand how QF works.